New Client Startup
If you are a startup business the process is straightforward:
- As Professional Partners with both MYOB and Quicken we will recommend the most appropriate software for your needs and advise you of our discounted prices to buy the software
- One of our “Specialists” will install the software, customize the Chart of Accounts specific to your business needs, customize Sales Invoices and set up the Payroll if required
- Depending on your needs we will arrange to do the processing on-site at your office or off-site at ours at an agreed time
What is a rescue?
It’s not deliberate. You had good intentions. Time runs away from you because you are busy running a business. Before you know it, it’s BAS time AGAIN and you know you’re going to have to spend the weekend getting it done.
Or maybe you had someone who you thought you could trust but got it all wrong because of their inexperience.
Over time the problem becomes so big that:
- It has taken over your office
- It keeps you awake at night
- You don’t know where to start
- You’re fearful that the ATO will call
- You have no idea how much tax or GST you owe
- You are completely in the dark
It’s what we call “The Bookkeeping Monster!”
What’s the good news?
We can tame The Bookkeeping Monster because we have a team of highly skilled and dedicated bookkeepers who use to empower business owners in their financial matters, removing confusion, fear and uncertainty and replacing it with clarity, freedom and control.
Because every “rescue job” is as individual as you are we can’t say exactly what we need to do to clean it up, get you up to date or how long it will take. During the initial consultation when we complete a “Health Check” (link to Health Check) we will explain to you what the problems are and what needs to happen to transform your data file into a source that provides you with reliable information.
Essentially though we will do whatever it takes as quickly and efficiently as possible. Some of the issues we will address are:
- Bank Accounts or Credit Cards that don’t reconcile with the Statements
- Old unpresented transactions in the Bank Account or Credit Card
- Trade Debtors and Trade Creditors don’t balance with the Balance Sheet
- The Trade Debtors and Trade Creditors aren’t “real” i.e. outstanding invoices and bills have already been paid but still showing as outstanding
- Incorrect previously lodged BAS’
- Payroll Categories that are incorrectly set up therefore giving you incorrect information in Payslips, AL & SL Accruals, incorrect Tax Tables, SGC Calculations and Payment Summaries
- Unreliable Inventory figures
The implications of these issues are:
- You may be paying the wrong GST, Tax and Superannuation
- You may be subject to fines and interest
- You may be making strategic business decisions based on unreliable figures with dire consequences